Our mission at East Cheshire NHS Trust is to work in partnership to provide high-quality, affordable integrated services.
We provide safe, effective and personal care to our patients. We are a community and acute trust serving a large population and our vision is to ensure our patients receive the best care in the right place. We have over 2,500 staff who work across our community settings and our three hospital sites.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
This post will require excellent organisational, coordination and communication skills with experience of working in a busy environment with deadlines to meet.
The post holder will be responsible for the timely response to all telephony/bleep related issues and needs, to keep logs and escalate to Digital Communications Manager as appropriate.
The post holder will assist in the management of the trust telephony system, support evolving project demands and maintaining equipment supplies.
Salary: £22,866 per annum.
- The role has specific responsibility to support and deputise for the Digital Communication Manager (the telephony provision for the whole trust)
- The post holder will analyse system problems resulting from user errors or system malfunctions and develop and implement solutions, working with the Digital Communications Manager and the suppliers (telephony, mobile devices, bleeps)
- The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that software installation and application upgrades are carried out effectively and efficiently, minimising disruption to users
- The post holder will maintain standard operating procedures regarding application use and ensure that all relevant policies are applied and adhered to.
- Undertake regular review of business continuity for telephony and all mobile devices throughout the trust
- Manage records/directories of system users and profiles, ensuring the correct level of access and security is given to staff after achieving required level of knowledge to enable them to carry out their duties
- Establish and maintain a system to monitor effectiveness of training and take appropriate action where indicated
There may be a requirement to attend meetings off-site and to support staff in outlying clinics and the community, so travel across the geographical area will be expected as appropriate.
Desirable skills / experience:
- Familiar with ITIL Foundation
- Experience working in an IT support or training environment
As well as:
- Experience of clinical systems
- Knowledge of NHS environments or clinical services
- Understanding of Information Governance Guidelines
- Understanding of confidentiality and the Data Protection Act 1988
- Experience of clinical systems within an organisation
- IT service desk or customer service
- Troubleshooting technical faults
- Highly motivated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Committed to developing and supporting individual staff and teams
- Ability to build sound working relationships with all levels and groups of staff
- Ability to work as part of a team, supporting provision of excellent support
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
- Minimum of 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual personal development review and plan to support your career aspirations
- Access to training courses for all staff
- Paid sick leave
Potentially there is a full time position after successfully completing the apprenticeship.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.